Thursday, October 20, 2011

Video series: Training videos


I was sent here to Cameroon with an armament of electronics, all in the effort to assist me with capturing my time here with Project HOPE. Use of the video camera has been slow until now; I didn't really know what I should be recording with it. After seeing the YouTube videos created by Alisa/Emily during their Project HOPE rotation, I am inspired. I thought up an idea of recording educational videos for the staff here at MRN hospital. I have been working with Project HOPE volunteer [Kelly Fromuth] to come up with ideas/implementation for these videos.

We just finished shooting our first training video: How To Do An EKG. Although it was a bit rough around the edges, I would call it a success. We plan on analyzing the video and shooting a second one (hopefully more polished) to be used by the staff here. Other ideas include: hand sanitation, aseptic technique(s), vital signs, and more.

Stay tuned for updates on our Video Series.

1 comment: