Monday, May 21, 2012

The adventure continues………


Today, I begin the final leg of my academic adventure, an adventure that has not only equipped me with the knowledge and skill set to excel in my future career as a pharmacist but has provided me with the knowledge and exposure to become an informed citizen of the world.

I am currently at the airport waiting to get on a plane to start my 4th year rotation in pharmacy school halfway across the world. We travel to Guam, enroute Japan to get on the Naval Ship, USNS Mercy, my home for the next 5 weeks. We will sail onwards to Indonesia and Philippines, delivering healthcare to underprivileged citizens of these countries. I count myself privileged to begin this yearlong experiential part of my pharmacy school education serving as volunteer with project hope on this adventure. I am really excited for this opportunity in a number of ways. First this offers me the opportunity to be part of an amazing team of healthcare volunteers that goes all over the world, offering healthcare to underprivileged populations. I also stand to gain a wealth of experience and knowledge from these esteemed professionals.

I am filled with excited and looking forward to the opportunity to experience others cultures and learn about them. I have no doubt that this will be an opportunity of a lifetime and I can’t wait to immerse myself in it. Hang on for the ride…….   

1 comment: