Saturday, June 4, 2011

Good Day Mate!

HELLO from Australia! Tomorrow is our final leg of our journey to head up to Darwin from Sydney to get ready to board the ship! I'm really excited to see yet another part of the world I've never been to! After 21 hours on a plane I'm really glad Andy and I decided to spend a few days in Sydney before another 6 hours of flying, although the movie selection was pretty good I'm not sure how much more sitting I could handle. We decided to stay in Bondi Beach to get in some scenery and experiences. We walked the coastal walk, met some people from all over the world, and got to see some amazing views! Since we've been staying in hostels I'm hoping this will somewhat prepare me for the ship life I'm about to lead for the next 5 weeks. Although the "racks" we're gonna stay in will be different then the bunks we're in now, at least I'm getting used to having to crawl and climb to get in and out of bed and share spaces with people I've just met. It's tough to get used to the routine of living out of a suitcase and sharing bathrooms and living spaces with strangers from all over the world, but I'm starting to like it! Everyone has their stories from where they've traveled to and where they came from. In just a couple of days of met people from Italy, Holland, Britain, France, and Brazil. I can't wait to see what the rest of the trip has in store for me. I'll send another shout out when I get to the ship and have more interesting things to blog about! I'm off to explore more of Australia!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you both made it there safely and are enjoying Australia!! Good luck as this adventure gets started! Can't wait to follow how you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete