Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cameroonian Pharmacy


Recently I had the opportunity to visit a Cameroonian pharmacy while downtown, to purchase some medication. I knew exactly what I needed, the only problem was I didn't know if the medication was available here (or only in the USA). I entered the pharmacy and it was a very well-kept shop. Very neat, organized, clean, and full of everything. Mostly what I saw were medications lining the walls and further back in the back of the store. One section of the store was dedicated to beauty products.
That was it. No toilet paper, no chewing gum, no office supplies. This pharmacy had a small beauty section and the rest of the store dedicated to medications. I went up to the staff and unfortunately nobody spoke English. Between Lexicomp, some hand motions, and a few broken French words I was able to communicate what I needed. The pharmacist brought me a few medications that might help. I recognized the classes of the medication, but they were definitely ones I had not heard of. Luckily one medicine of the pile was pretty much what I was looking for and it worked. The pharmacist showed me the directions on the box and started counseling me on how to use it, I was glad to see that.
All-in-all a good experience. I'm glad I found what I needed. I'm also glad I was able to see what a Cameroonian pharmacy was like, to compare it to the States.

2 comments:

  1. Image Source: http://www.importers-exporters-directory.com/images/entreprises/IQSWKY8UhzzxR6mkd0k08Gp1B.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was it. No toilet paper, no chewing gum, no appointment supplies. This pharmacy had a baby adorableness area and the blow of the abundance committed to medications.

    flagyl

    ReplyDelete